While being on vacation or for business in Suriname it is mandatory ( if not in possession of a Surinamese Drivers license) to have an International Drivers license. At our Consulate you can submit a request for a duplicate drivers license, a renewal or an international drivers license. You can submit your application 2 months before the expiration date.
Duplicate ( if lost) Drivers License:
- One application form.
- A police report with signature of police officer
- Money- order with exact amount.
- Three ( 3) photo’s.
- A copy of your identification card.
- A separate money order of $ 16 for the return mail.
- If married a marriage certificate, divorced a certificate of divorce, if spouse died copy of certificate of decease.
- A health certificate , certified on letterhead of physician.( not older than 1 month)
Renewal of the Drivers License:
- all the above and a copy of old drivers license.
- No police report and copy identification card .
International Drivers License:
- All the above and a copy of your national drivers license .
- No police report and copy identification card.
WHAT ARE THE DRIVERS LICENSE PROCESSING FEES?
All categories : U$45,-
HOW TO APPLY FOR A DRIVERS LICENSE?
- STEP ONE : complete the online application form here
- STEP TWO : gather all information and buy money-order and prepaid envelope.
- STEP THREE : mail to the Consulate.
NOTE : if your drivers license is expired longer than 1year but less than 3 years you must pay a penalty fee of U$50,- for every year. The processing time for a drivers license is 3 – 6 months.