Passports are very important documents. It is given by a country to their nationals to travel abroad. Since Suriname is part of the Caricom, the Central Civil Authority (C.B.B.) in Paramaribo issues Caricom Passports. Since the costs to make a passport are very high it is mandatory to treat it with the highest concern and keep it always in a safe place. If on vacation keep it at all times with you or put it away in a safe.
Do not: leave it in the car in parking lots , in the lobby of the hotel, do not wash it in the washing machine, don’t give it to your children to play with, do not leave it on the seat of a taxi or bus. Don’t use nail polish near it. An extra fee will be charged in case of stolen or damaged passports. An extra fee will be charged if you do not submit the passport in time for renewal.
You can submit your passport for renewal 6-8 months prior to the expiration date.
WHAT KIND OF PASSPORTS CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
- Renewal of Passport: expired, lost or damaged.
- Emergency Passport
- Business passport
All applicants must have:
- An application form. Click to download ( Online version coming soon)
- Two (2) Photo’s . For photo instructions click here
- A copy of the old passport from cover to cover, the old passport must also be submitted.
- Birth certificate ( if born in Suriname).
- Copy of green card if not in possession please submit a letter that notifies of non- possession.
- A money- order in exact amount
- A separate money Order of $ 16 for the return mail
OTHER PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS
If married a certified marriage license. Note: if you are married and want your maiden name (and not the name of your husband) appear in the passport you should submit a written request along with your application.
- If divorced a certified certificate of divorce
- If one is deceased a certified deceased certificate
- If adopted, certified adoption documentation
- Lost or stolen passport : a certified police report with signature of police officer
- Damaged passport : a certified letter with explanation how the passport got damaged.
- Surinamese by naturalization a copy of legal government publication ( so called STAATSBLAD).
- A copy of Family Book ( so called FAMILIE BOEKJE)
- Minors (0-17) must submit their own application form. If they can’t write the parents should sign.
- Surinamese who are married or divorced in the USA have to supply a certified copy with Apostille stams of their marriage or divorce certificate
- If you were not born in Suriname, please send us a certified copy with Apostille stam of your birth certificate.
- Please sign in the middle off the square!!!!!
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A PASSPORT?
- STEP ONE: read the information careful. Download the form and fill it out complete.
- STEP TWO: carefully gather all documentation .
- STEP THREE: buy a money order with exact amount, get photo’s ( see photo requirements), buy prepaid envelope.
- STEP FOUR: mail your documentation to the Consulate.
E-mail address: email@example.com
PASSPORT PROCESSING FEES
|Lost or Stolen||$160|
|Emergency (Dead in family)||$80|
|Emergency (if lost)||$80|
|Emergency (if stolen)||$80|
(Abstract for Nationality affidavit)
HOW DO YOU PAY FOR A PASSPORT?
- We do accept : money – orders or cashiers checks in exact amount
- We do not accept: personal checks, unwritten money- orders, money- orders not in the name of the applicant and cash.
Note: There are no refunds once your application and money order is submitted.
If you were born, married, divorced, or have made any other legal change in your status in Suriname, please provide a regular copy of the change.
If you were born, married, divorced, or have made any other legal change in your status in any other country except Suriname, please provide a certified copy of the certificate with Apostille stamp.
HOW TO FILL OUT THE MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHECK.
- The full name of the applicant must be written in readable neat and clear letters.
- The Consular Service you are paying for.
- The address of the applicant
- For examples click here.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMERGENCY PASSPORT?
By law an emergency passport is only issued in the following cases;
- Terminal illness of a close family member such as a father, mother , child, sister or brother. A certified physician should submit a paper stating the status of the patient. It is necessary to have a telephone number of the physician so we can verify the case.
- Death of a close family member as mentioned above. Proper documentation : Death Certificate issued by the Central Civil Authority (CBB) must be submitted
- When someone is expedited out of the USA. In case of Lost or stolen passport.
Permission to issue an emergency passport is the discretion of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This can take a few days.