THE CONSULATE PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING PASSPORT SERVICES:
1. RENEWAL OF A PASSPORT
2. LAISSER- PASSEZ
PLEASE NOTE TO SEND IN YOUR REQUEST IN TIME, THE PASSPORT RENEWAL PROCESS TAKES AT LEAST THREE(3) MONTHS. THEREFORE YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION SIX(6) MONTHS BEFORE YOUR PASSPORT EXPIRES.
CAUTION: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR PASSPORT(S) IN A SECURE AND SAFE PLACE.
RENEWAL OF A PASSPORT
1. ONE PASSPORT APPLICATION FORM.
(download the form on this page / coming soon: online application form)
– Fill the form out completely and write legibly in the blank space.
– Sign the form in the middle at given space.
– Please mark what kind of passport you are applying for. (national or business passport).
– Place an X in the assigned space.
– Your height should be given in meters and centimeters, exp: 1.75
– The latest address in Suriname must be given.
– Telephone numbers in the U.S.A.
– Address in the USA, zip code, state
If the application form is not filled out completely, correct and neat it will not be processed.
If all required documents are not submitted, the Central Civil Authority (C.B.B) will not process the application and you will pay the extra costs for returning the application.
2. TWO(2) PHOTO’S.
ACCEPTED PASSPORT PHOTO:
– Maximum measurements: 4,5 cm (length) x 3,5 cm (width).
– Full frontal view with face in the middle of the photo (centered).
– Both eyes are required to be open.
– Taken in proper clothing.
– Picture taken with a high resolution at a known studio.
– Photo can not be older then 12 months.
– Taken in front of a plain white background (light gray, light blue, beige or light brown background are also acceptable).
– Applicant is required to have a neutral facial expression, with the mouth closed.
– Applicant can have on glasses, under the conditions that the glasses do not overshadow the eyes.
– Head coverings are not allowed, except for religious purposes.
NON ACCEPTABLE PASSPORT PHOTO:
– Black and white photo’s are not accepted.
3. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
– COPY OF A GREENCARD; IF NOT IN POSSESSION OF A GREENCARD PLEASE SUBMIT US A LETTER STATING THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE A GREENCARD.
– COPY OF A BIRTH CERTIFICATE (in case your born out of wedlock)
– COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (if married or remarried in the USA)
– COPY OF DIVORCE CERTIFICATE (if divorced)
– COPY OF DECEASED CERTIFICATE (if husband or wife died)
– COPY OF THE OLD PASSPORT (from cover to cover)
– DOCUMENTS OF ADOPTION (if adopted)
– A POLICE RAPPORT (if passport is lost or stolen)
SURINAMESE BY NATURALIZATION
– ONE(1) APPLICATION FORM: filled out completely, and signed
– TWO(2) PHOTOS: see photo requirements
– COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
– COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
– COPY OF LEGAL NATURALIZATION DOCUMENT
– COPY OF FAMILY DOCUMENT (so called familieboekje)
– COPY OF GOVERNMENT PUBLICATION OF THE NATURALIZATION (so called Staatsblad)
– COPY OF DIVORCE PAPERS (if divorced)
– COPY OF GREENCARD (if not in possession of a greencard please send a letter to the consulate to confirm non – possession)
– POLICE REPORT: if passport is lost or stolen
– MINORS (0-17Y): parents must co- sign and write your name in blockletters
AN EMERGENCY PASSPORT IS ONLY GIVEN IN CASES OF EMERGENCY SUCH AS:
THE DEAD OR TERMINAL ILLNESS OF A FAMILY MEMBER. EVERY CASE FOR AN EMERGENCY PASSPORT IS ONLY TO THE DISCRETION OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS / THE DEPARTMENT FOR CONSULAR SERVICES.
BEWARE: THE PROCESS CAN TAKE A FEW DAYS.
– Proof of death or illness of family member
– An application form completed and signed
– Two(2) photos
– NATIONAL PASSPORT: U$ 100,- + U$ 20,- (administration fee)
– LOST/STOLEN PASSPORT: U$ 140,- + U$ 20,-(administration fee)
– DAMAGED PASSPORT: U$ 140,-+ U$ 20,-(administration fee)
– LAISSER- PASSEZ: U$ 60,- + U$ 20,- (administration fee)
– MAILING FEE: U$ 16,- MONEY ORDER OR PREPAID ENVELOPES FED-EX / UPS/ EXPRESS MAIL ENVELOPES
MADE PAYABLE TO:
THE CONSULATE – GENERAL OF SURINAME
CORPORATE CENTER DRIVE SUITE 302/MIAMI FL 33126